How have mobile devices changed e-commerce?
The internet and e-commerce have allowed retailers to stay in touch with their existing and prospective consumers on a more personal level, and that is made possible through mobile devices. Mobile devices are also the most cost-effective means of shopping. Consumers do not need to leave their houses to visit the physical stores. Instead, they can stay at home and scroll through e-commerce websites for the required products and services. They only need a working internet connection for themselves. If you are one of those consumers who is looking for an internet connection, you can check out Xfinity bundles, to go with internet and cable TV services. Xfinity bundle prices have been designed in such a way that you can make use of two or three services at the same time, for an affordable rate. You can link your mobile devices to the Xfinity internet and continue with your online shopping.
How is mobile e-commerce increasing?
- Everyone has a mobile phone now. A survey showed that two-thirds of the world population owns a mobile device
- E-commerce through mobile phones is increasing
- Many consumers are already too invested in online shopping
- Mobile ads have a higher clicks-through-rate (CTR) than web e-commerce, and that is proving to be good for businesses
- Digital wallets are convenient paying methods nowadays
- Mobile commerce is much easier for businesses to get consumer insights
- Through mobile phones, it is easier to leverage consumers towards social media marketing
Mobile Phone for E-commerce
One aspect of mobile phones on e-commerce is that it is convenient to use. What are the other roles of mobile phones in e-commerce? This will be explored a bit.
- When creating an online presence, companies are faced with the inevitable option of having to choose between making a website or launching an app. Making a website requires using standard web technologies and little device-oriented customization. Launching an app is more tedious, and requires constant customization for every platform. For e-commerce, the best option would be to create a website first to minimize the time to market and then, learning from that experience, be able to create a comprehensive launch roadmap for the app launch.
- E-commerce companies can have personalized communication with their consumers, because mobile devices, unlike PC, are inherently personal. They can also post personalized content, and that can be helped by having push notifications on most devices. E-commerce companies can utilize the push notification technique by engaging with mobile phone users. For instance, mobile phone users would receive notifications about a price drop, or availability of products that they have subscribed to, or getting a delivery.
- Assessing e-commerce through mobile phones has also proven to have the highest-ever rate of innovation, with new features being introduced constantly. This can reflect the creativity of the e-commerce companies and also provide an engaging experience to consumers.
- Through mobile devices, consumers are linked to their favorite brands and they often return to them when shopping via mobile phones. This is why e-commerce has to offer a seamless mobile shopping experience to their consumers to earn their respect and loyalty. For instance, Amazon is a reliable shopping entity and it has the largest mobile-consumer base of any e-commerce company.
Different types of Mobile commerce
- Through mobile payment apps, users can either send money to their family and loved ones, or receive payment from them, and also be able to pay for goods and services. Most mobile phones have built-in payment features, where they can simply link their bank cards for future payments.
- Mobile commerce apps are like Chevy and Best But where users can scan the product catalog, purchase an item, and track their order without having to leave the app. Mobile commerce apps have the option for push notifications where they inform the users about the step-by-step procedure of the product that they ordered.
- Social Commerce includes the shopping tab on Instagram or other social media platforms where users can explore and keep up with the products of their favorite brands. Pinterest has buyable pins to promote items that are being sold. Facebook has an option for retailers to use their built-in storefront.
- QR codes are square-shaped graphics that users can scan in with their mobile phones. Each QR code is uniquely designed to lead users towards specific items or landing pages. If there is a QR code at the checkout counter, users can scan it to make an online payment. Other QR codes can show users different colors of the same items, or different patterns, etc.
No doubt, mobile devices have completely changed the way that customers shop. Retail brands and companies can switch to e-commerce platforms to make it convenient for their consumers to be able to view products through their mobile phones, without having to leave the house. The most sought-after brands are the ones who customize their e-commerce platform according to their consumers’ convenience.