5 pointers for hiring the right car accident lawyer in Vegas
Even the most cautious drivers in Las Vegas can get involved in an on-road mishap. Because the roads of this resort city are always busy, auto accidents are not rare or unusual. Immediately after an accident, you may have many questions on your mind. “Do I have a valid car accident claim?” “What if I was partly at fault for the accident?” “What can I possibly get in a settlement?” These are some basic questions that a Las Vegas car accident lawyer can answer for you. In this post, we are sharing some key pointers for hiring the right lawyer.
- Hire an attorney without delay. Although Nevada’s statute of limitations has set a deadline of two years for filing car accident lawsuits, you have to act early to gather evidence. It can take considerable work and investigation to find fault and liability for your claim, and an attorney can only do more when they start early. If you want to lawyer up, don’t delay that decision.
- Ask the attorney for an assessment. The outcome of your car accident case depends on several factors, including your action and share in the blame. No lawyer can promise an exact outcome, but you can expect them to give you a fair assessment of your case. They can explain your legal options and rights.
- Discuss their fee and other costs. You don’t have to pay an hourly rate to hire a car accident lawyer in LV. Instead, PI lawyers charge a contingency fee, which is payable after you win. The fee is a part of the recovery and should be discussed in advance. The client is also expected to pay for court costs and other expenses, like investigation costs. Get an estimate so that you don’t have to deal with unwanted surprises.
- Ask about experience and expertise. Not all PI lawyers are the same. Consider asking questions related to the work profile of an attorney. While most car accident cases don’t end up in court, some may need a trial. It is best to get an attorney who can fight your battle, no matter the circumstances. You can also ask for a few client references and their top settlements.
- Watch for the red flags. When an attorney promises an outcome that sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Don’t trust an attorney who wants to overstate your injuries or tries to get things done in a wrong way.
Find a lawyer now for your car accident claim.