Helicobacter pylorus is a bacterium that is found in the linings of your stomach that can cause infections. Hosts infected with this kind of bacteria experience the symptoms of gastritis, heartburn, and abdominal discomfort. The pathogen can also lead to some serious complications such as peptic or duodenal ulcer, anemia, fatty liver, vitamin B12 deficiency, and even stomach cancer.
H-pylori infection can lead to atherosclerosis which is the hardening of blood vessels that causes blockages in the passages of the blood vessels due to plaque formation. Thus, H-pylori may also contribute to erectile dysfunction (ED) which is a symptom of atherosclerosis. Fildena may help you to overcome these conditions.
Sometimes, the host may even feel fine and asymptomatic. Many of the infected might not be aware of the presence of bacteria. H. pylori can be indicated by the symptoms of gastrointestinal troubles, including nausea, bloating, diarrhea, and loss of appetite. If you experience any of these for a prolonged period, it is better to get yourself tested by seeking medical attention. Your doctor will prescribe some appropriate treatment. Alongside this, some right foods can also accelerate the process of treatment by killing bacteria and can also help prevent infection. What are those foods? Read on to explore.
H-pylori Treatment Using Foods
Some foods can certainly reduce the number of bacteria and improve the condition. When used along with the treatment, it can speed up the process by killing infectious pathogens. They may include:
Honey has strong antibacterial properties that can inhibit the growth of pathogens. Due to its ability to kill off bacteria, it aids in the treatment process by cutting down the treatment time.
Usually, over-the-counter honey may contain high amounts of added sugars and preservatives which can in turn affect your immune system. Hence, instead of using normal honey, it is recommended to use raw honey or manuka honey which has potent antibacterial abilities that can produce excellent effects during the treatment by eliminating toxins.
Some foods such as yogurt, sauerkraut, and kefir are excellent sources of probiotics. Probiotics exhibit antibacterial properties and help strike a balance between good and bad gut bacteria. It acerates the process of treatment by eradicating infectious pathogens.
Probiotics are live microorganisms or good bacteria that are intended to have health benefits when consumed. They prevent bacterial growth. Probiotic bacteria, known as Lactobacillus acidophilus, delivers excellent results in eliminating the growth of H-pylori pathogens.
3. Non-acidic Fruits
Consuming non-acidic high-fiber fruits can make the treatment process much easier. These foods are easy to digest which also aids with the easy regulation of bowel movement. Fruits such as strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries speed up the treatment by preventing bacterial growth.
Leafy vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower are a rich source of isothiocyanates which is a compound that fights the cancer-causing bacteria and kills off H-pylori pathogens. Vegetables help to ease the digestion process by preventing bacteria from spreading in the intestines. Vegetables can also alleviate the gastric pain which arises during the treatment.
5. Fish and white meat
White meat and fish are amazing sources of proteins that contain lower fat, which aids in digestion and regulating a healthy bowel movement for preventing the food from staying too long in the stomach. These proteins ease any discomfort or pain felt during the treatment.
It is better to avoid frying fish or meat with ordinary oil. Instead, make use of olive oil for grilling it. Or you can simply boil the meat or fish and sprinkle some salt and pepper to add some flavor to it. Do not consume spicy food during treatment. Keep it as simple as possible. You can even roast the meat or put it in the microwave with very less or no oil at all.
6. Olive Oil
Olive oil has anti-inflammatory properties that aid in the healing of the lining of the gut from H-pylori bacterial infection. In addition, it also prevents the growth and spreading of bacteria and reduces infection. It is a great choice and a better replacement for cooking oils. Moreover, it contains omega-3 and omega-6 which are good fats that help alleviate stomach inflammation.
Foods to Avoid During H-pylori Treatment
Some foods can stimulate the secretion of gastric juices that hinder the treatment by causing irritation and stomach discomfort. They can also exacerbate the side effects of the treatment. You must abstain from the following foods during treatment:
- Fizzy or carbonated drinks or soft drinks – they can cause acid reflux in the stomach which can increase the pain and discomfort.
- Acidic or sour fruits – some fruits like lemons, grapes, oranges, and pineapple can cause heartburn and increase stomach discomfort. Hence, these should be strictly avoided during the treatment.
- Caffeine – Foods such as coffee, tea, or chocolates lead to the secretion of gastric juice which can irritate.
- Spicy foods – Refrain from spicy foods such as garlic, chilies, peppers, soy sauce, etc. such foods also irritate the lining of the stomach and cause heartburn.
- Canned and processed foods – Such foods lack nutritional value and are usually loaded with high amounts of chemical additives and preservatives that can cause inflammation by irritating the lining of your stomach and intestines.
- Alcoholic beverages – Alcohol may cause stomach inflammation, so it is better to avoid its consumption during treatment.
- High-fat meals – Fried food, fatty meats, and cheese can take a long time to digest. Such food makes digestion harder which can affect the treatment.
Some Additional Tips
- During and after the treatment of H-pylori infection, make sure you do not consume fruits and veggies without washing them properly. It is necessary to remove the dirt from the outer layers as these bacteria can be found in raw fruits and vegetables.
- Always stay hydrated. Drink lots of water as it helps to reduce stomach inflammation and regulate proper bowel movement to ensure intestine health.
For More Details Visit Our Store: medmaxim.com